We all like a little adventure in our lives, which is why many people turn to skydiving as the way they get the thrill of their lives. However, some like the excitement so much that they turn to the activity as a sport. Although skydiving does not require a lot of effort, there is some physical activity and a lot of discipline involved. Discipline comes in the form of being able to follow procedure the way it should be followed.
However, when it comes down to it, there are plenty of adventure sports that people can choose from. Some opt for extreme sports like skiing off mountain cliffs into huge snowdrifts. Others choose bungee jumping from bridges. There are some incredibly daring adventure sports out there, but skydiving presents an exciting opportunity for virtually anyone to enjoy.
Here are 7 reasons why skydiving is the best adventure sport:
1. Skydiving is an activity that can be enjoyed by anyone of any age, as long as they do not have certain physical disabilities or heart conditions that could cause complications during the dive.
In some cases, entire families get involved in skydiving activities. They go on entire outings with them, buying packages for the whole family. Although there are no real age limits, the usual age is around 18 years old. However, parents can involve children if they are older. This is a great way to get aspiring competitive skydivers into the sport.
2. Initial dives are done with a harness or attached to a trainer. There is training before the jump, all the necessary equipment is available and proper instruction is given during the dive. Safety precautions are taken. If a device fails, there is always a backup.
3. Skydiving adventures are affordable. Many air yards offer skydiving and there are many instruction companies to choose from. Some people make skydiving a weekend activity for the whole family or with friends.
4. This is an adventure sport that can be done alone or in a group. Companies can take their employees on an adventure, people have been married in the sky, and skydiving has been a part of many birthday and anniversary celebrations.
Packages are available for both individuals and groups. Group packages may come with discounts to save some money. However, group skydiving can be a lot of fun. Over time, the group can learn how to make formations in the sky, how to break formation, and successfully land on the ground.
5. For those who wish to take the sport further, they can. Freestyle skydiving is a sport in which an individual can perform acrobatic maneuvers and be judged on their complexity. The general concept reminds you of freestyle skiing or other extreme sports. It is fair to say that skydiving as an adventure sport, especially in the freestyle sense, is an extreme sport.
This is a sport in which competitions are held all over the world. There are some pretty exciting destinations where contests are held and they are just as fascinating to watch.
6. This is a sport where you can start slow and stay slow for as long as you need before taking the next step. You don’t have to go to the next level in skydiving until you are ready. Over time, you will be able to jump on your own and do some somersaults if you wish.
7. Skydiving has a low fatality rate of less than 1%. There are almost 2 million jumps per year and only 35 deaths. Those deaths are usually due to deviating from jump procedures.
One of the reasons fatalities are so low is because of the excellent training, safety precautions, and safety equipment that ensure a safe landing.
There are many reasons why skydiving is the best adventure sport. Not only is it a risky sport without too many bad end results, but it is very unique. Now, no one expects the rookie to start somersaulting as soon as he jumps out of the plane. In fact, the first jump is usually done tied up or harnessed to an instructor. This is called “tandem skydiving” and it gives you that first experience. Usually, after the first experience, skydiving becomes addictive.