With a little bit of effort, you can manage your website, SEO tools, and pay-per-click tools, and literally generate as many pre-qualified sales leads as you want for your website.
But be warned… If you want to experience consistent ranking success, you can’t afford to “leave it to chance”, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
There are some basic search engine optimization methods that you can implement on your website to increase your search engine popularity.
Here are three simple tips that can help your website get more search engine traffic.
1 META TAGS REALLY MATTER! Meta tags are essential when creating web pages. The various search engine spiders ‘crawl’ the Internet and will only index your web pages in their listings if your:
– – Qualification
– – Description
– – And the keywords are ‘search engine friendly’
So, let’s see how to make sure they are…
– – Your title tag should reflect your main keyword phrase and be no longer than 60 characters.
– – Your description tag must also include your main keyword phrase and be a maximum of 150 characters. Remember that a human will read your description tag, so try to include a reason for them to visit your site.
– – Your keyword tag must have a maximum of 874 characters and your keywords must be related to the text in the body of the text.
NOTE: Don’t put HUNDREDS of keywords in your keyword tag. This is known as “keyword spam” and can get your site delisted faster than you can say spam.
2 LINKS! The more incoming links you have to your website, the better, especially if those links come from websites with a PR (Page Rank) of 4 or higher.
Major search engines including Google, MSN and Yahoo will rank your site higher in their listings depending on how many ‘quality’ inbound links you have from other sites.
In addition to search engine rankings, you will also receive additional information direct from the various sites you link to. If you get a featured link from a popular site, you can literally generate thousands of additional visitors a month.
Easy ways to get more inbound links:
1) Write keyword-focused articles about your niche and submit them to various article directories.
2) Use quality automated software to help you request reciprocal links from other webmasters.
3) Get some eBooks written or decent software built on RentACoder.com or Elance.com and then GET ON THE PHONE and call other webmasters in your niche. Offer to let them have reprint rights to the eBooks or software IF they place a permanent one-way link from your site to yours.
NOTE: Virtually no one does this! In my early days on the internet, I wrote a 12 page report and literally got THOUSANDS of dollars in advertising in exchange for offering webmasters and ezine publishers reprint rights.
3. DIRECTORY AND SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION: You should submit your website to directories like dmoz and search engines like Google, MSN, and Yahoo.
There are over a thousand search engines and directories in addition to the top 3 search engines (Yahoo, MSN, and Google).
By appearing in other search engines and directories, you will get more links to your website and increase your link popularity.
The key to making all of this work for your business is to ‘do something every day’.
Over time your site will get more and more visitors and if your sales copy is right you will make more and more sales.